Restricted Users in using Control Panel

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ken3, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

(1) I've been searching and haven't come up with anything resembling what I'm looking for, unless I'm not using the right search words, but here goes....

Using Windows 2000 when a user is in the Restricted User group, what are the default Control Panel Applets can that user perform? I know policies can be set up to make things more restrictive, but I'm looking for a list of what the Restricted User can normally do that wouldn't affect the system itself.

Does anyone know of anything of this detail? I've download the "Default Access Control Settings in Windows 2000" but it doesn't really answer my question.

(2) Currently, on my Win2K PC, my username is under the Administrator Group. Is it possible for me to change it to Restricted User, logoff/logon and change back to Administrator? Or would the Administrator user have to reset this? I'm pretty sure my last question is the answer, but I want to confirm this. I can't create another user account (I've tried).

What I can't figure out is how I can login as a "restricted user" on a temporary basis - to see what limitations there are and go back as "administrator". I've looked at the RUNAS info but something is not clicking.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds