First year at uni; done :D

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChrisC, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC Private First Class

YES! Finally done my first year of University in Computer Systems Engineering; Carleton U, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
    Lots of fun shit this year, lots of work, thank god its over.
    Theres no better feeling then walking in the sunshine, knowing you're done school and just creamed your last exam.
    So far, passing everything (didnt keep my scholarship, but only about 2 people did. And I can get it back for 3rd year anyway). And just brutalized my last exam; algebra, studied all night (ritalin binge, the only way I can study/stay awake due to massive ADD), no sleep since noon wednesday, when I ate a sandwich (had a serving of porridge around 4am, but, not much. Cant eat while on ritalin; makes me a studying machine, but forget aobut eating/sleeping. Actually, I still havent slept or ate. Lost 5-10 pounds and 3 inches of my ass in the last 36 hours (yesterday, pants fit; today, pants fall off when i walk), cant be healthy, but, Ill gain it back:D). So, wrote it today, 2pm, just destroyed it, got pretty much all of the questions right away. Then, halfway through, the fire alarm went off, so all of us went outside and talked about the exam for 15 mins. So, figured out the ones I was having trouble on. They also extended the exam 15 mins to account for the alarm (score). Only 2 questions I was unsure of; worth 10%, i figure I got part marks, so, Im confident I got an A or A+ on that beast (its worth 100% of my mark, to, which is awesome)

So, to all those who are just finishing up, enjoy your summer, and go get drunk damnit! (sadly, I cannot drink due to medication Im taking; but there are plenty of alternative drugs the doctor told me were safe. Didnt even have to ask, she just told me. Go Canada and our liberal-ish policies)

As for me, Im about to head out to the pub for party for next years EngFrosh facils, should be good to relieve some stress. That, and packing. Then starting my summer job in construction monday (hard ass work, but, $17/hr, 40hr week, union (but no fees since Im a student), and weekend work under the table for ~$25/hr)

Oh well, time to go pack and party, and to all those finishing up (and those who know the hell of uni exams), have a great summer :D

Attached Files:

2. we_at208

we_at208 Private E-2

Can't believe nobody congratulated you on something that obviously was hard work.

So congrats from T.O. eh!:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds