New phone!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lev, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Just taken possession of this....for free!!! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8894084

Loving it so far. MP3 player & radio with headset - great for the gym and auto-mutes it when calls incoming. Camera and all that jazz. Yeh yeh :-D

And to add to the catch, when he found out I was now a government employee he gave me 15% off all my future bills with the phone company. Sweet!

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

How did you get it free? can you get me one? i just want the phone

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Upgrade after 4 years loyalty ;)

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

awww i only been with them for almost a year and its also the Pick your plan deal.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Nice Lev

I keep seeing everyone's nice phones (including my daughter's :() and can't wait until my upgrade is available.

Then I think to myself how much they charge you for the services that go with all those extra features and think I'm lucky to just have my phone.

7. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

I got the same phone 4 or 5 months ago for free too except mine is pink (breast cancer awareness). The FM radio is phenomenal as is the MP3 player. I have a 4GB memory card which holds thousands of songs. :drool

I also really like the fitness program. Being able to track the distance I walk each day is pretty cool.:) The alarm works really well too. No more need to take an alarm clock when traveling or get a wake up call. When the alarm goes off it starts out at a lower volume and increases until it hits your normal ring volume...then keeps going until you turn it off or hit snooze. Sweet!:-D

Another thing that's really handy is changing the color of the lights for each caller in your address book. When I have my phone on silent I don't have to even look at the screen to see who's calling cuz the light color from the sides tells me. Love it!

Finish off with the long life battery and the multi-port and all I can say is wow! I can use my MP3 player or radio for several hours a day along with multiple phone calls (we don't use a house phone anymore) and I still only need to charge my phone every couple of days.:cool

Gotta love it eh Lev?:major

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Absolutely AbbySue *watches Mimsy drooling*

I always did use the alarm on my Sony Ericsson Z525a as an alarm so I am glad to see that feature still there. I went to sleep last night listening to the radio. It is clearer on some of my favorite channels than my main stereo! I haven't bought my card yet, but look forward to that so I don't have to lug the ipod around too. Love the way the headset auto mutes though...what a super neat feature. And join that with the fitness programs and I am all over it in the gym tonight!

Still setting up individual callers settings but love the lights. Last phone had it but there was just one setting fits all, so this is neat.

Did I say I love my phone? :drool

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Whats up with women and red?

:puke

:-D Nice phone :)

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I like Sony Erricson phones highly so congrats on a nice phone Lev

11. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Well thank you D - my last was a Sony Ericcson too and was highly pleased with that as well.

Who's the pleb in the corner throwing up? I thought it was Adrynalyne but that guy over there seems green.....with envy? roflmao

Actually I looked at the green version of it too......was Duck green which was pretty cool, but I couldn't see myself carrying a green phone for 2 years. Could have been worse...it could have been an LG too ;)

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If you apologize to me, I will give you a 20% discount for an InvisibleShield for that phone from zagg.com

;)

13. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Only YOU would ask me to apologize to you so that I can get a discount for a condom for my phone roflmao

14. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Practice safe phone sex.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds