SP2 garbage!

Discussion in 'Software' started by harry hu ha, Oct 21, 2004.

1. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

hey all my brother in law has downloaded SP2 before and it messed his comp up so now he has fromatted and today he installed SP2 again thinking the first time maybe was a bad install or something but this time as well it messed up his WMP so he couldn't use it at all when he tried it said internal system error so he redownloaded WMP 10 and now it works and it also killed his norton anti virus it said status unknown he tried to install it again but it still wont work properll does anyone know why this is if you ask me SP2 is Garbage im not downloading it.

thanks alot for helping everyone :)

Hu Ha!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MS has stated that Norton AV should be updated to the latest patches availble for the version you own and then DISABLED during the install of SP2.

Essentially. Get all driver updates for your system. Get all patches for software you use regularly and make sure NONE of it is running at the time of install.

You should also make sure your machine is clean of spyware as spyware has also contributed to a vast majority of failed SP2 installs.

3. orcdom

orcdom Private E-2

microsoft will send you the cd for free, i got mine in a lil over a week.
    Steve

4. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

how do i go about ordering one of these SP2 disks?

Hu Ha!

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds