Realtek High Definition Audio Driver problems (HP dv9000 - Model DV9644CA Laptop)

Discussion in 'Software' started by KOzekz, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOzekz

KOzekz Private E-2

Hi all, i've searching everywhere through net for solution to my problems.. found a lot but didn't works for me, also i did post on hp forums, but most answer that i got just didn't help..

Here's what i was facing right now.. recently i bought DV9644CA Hp Pavillion Notebook.
    my sound won't work with the latest driver i downloaded from hp (under DV9644CA category for Vista).. the QuickPlay button works fine, it shows orange when i press mute, and blue if i press it again.. but the sound doesn't come out. it will only come out, if i uninstalled the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and let vista (Vista Home Premium) installed it for me(Microsoft High Def Audio). then i heard a sound(which is good rather than hear nothing).. but then QuickPlay button doesn't turn orange when i mute. I really hope that i can make them both work.

and another thing is, my earphone jack didn't work(plug the earphone, but hear nothing, sound still come out from speakers). is this has something to do with the drivers.

i really hope i can solve all this without have to send my laptop back to HP.
    Thanks in advanced.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

When you have the new driver installed, are both of these in your startup? HP QuickPlay, and HP Quick launch. You can find out by looking in msconfig. (Start>Run, type in msconfig and press Enter)

For your headphone problem, check in the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Control Panel, if the icon isn't on your Taskbar) Click Speakers>Device Advanced settings. Make sure the Playback Device is set to mute the back speakers, when the headphone is plugged in.

3. KOzekz

KOzekz Private E-2

i've uninstall Realtek HD, because when i have it, then my speakers won't work. my speakers only work if i let vista auto detect and install drivers for me..

to test what you've said above. i did re-install the drivers(Realtek HD). like always, my speakers won't work. i went to Speakers > Device advanced settings. Only 1 option there, Recording Device. 1st- Tie up same type of input jacks 2nd- Separate all input jacks. i've 3 slots for jacks, 1 mic, and 2 speakers. all dead i guess. Analog part in Realtek HD Audio Manager didn't show any different whether i did plug in the earphone or not.

The only things that work just, the light(mute button), it turns orange when i pressed, before, it didn't. (don't tell me my jack just broke by default) anyway, i didn't even test my jack until today.

i just bought this notebook, it's in warranty but i'm just too lazy to go back to where i purchased it..

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

So, when you have the Vista installed driver, are these showing in your startup?
    It doesn't sound like it is the audio driver at fault, more like the HP drivers for the quick play.

5. KOzekz

KOzekz Private E-2

Nope, but it works.

Actually i did remove the start-up for HP QuickPlay and HP Quick Launch(only for start-up). To test with the Realtek drivers, i also did re-install both QuickPlay and Quick Launch, now when they were at start-up, then i install Realtek HD Audio driver. Still the same, unless i used the vista installed driver.

Also, i did try recovery media, F11 recovery, by default my notebook ships with Quick Launch, QuickPlay and Realtek HD Audio driver and bunch of other softwares and it doesn't have any sound unless i let vista installs it for me.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Try installing your driver this way:
    Open Device Manager, click the plus sign in front of Sounds,Video, and Game Contollers.
    Right click "Realtek HD Audio" and click "Update Driver Software".
    Choose "Browse my computer for driver software".
    Choose "Let me pick ...."
    Click have Disk.
    Now Browse to the driver you downloaded and choose the driver .inf file.

7. KOzekz

KOzekz Private E-2

Thank you, already tried that. doesn't work either. Nwm, i guess i'll send my notebook back to HP this evening.

8. abegum16

abegum16 Private E-2

Hi ive been having a similar problem and basically i have a advent laptop and it is 1115C...that is what it says and i have windows xp sp2. my laptop speakers play even when i have a headphone jaked in and i really need help because it is so annoying, someone please help me...i also have realtek HD audio manager installed in the laptop....!

anyone, someone please help me!:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

9. abegum16

abegum16 Private E-2

Re: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver problems

Hi ive been having a similar problem and basically i have a advent laptop and it is 1115C...that is what it says and i have windows xp sp2. my laptop speakers play even when i have a headphone jaked in and i really need help because it is so annoying, someone please help me...i also have realtek HD audio manager installed in the laptop....!

anyone, someone please help me!:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

First, you should always start your own thread here so it is easier for people to search for and learn from your problem and solution.

I have the Realtek HD Audio Manager but in Vista and from what I understand, it is not quite the same.
    But, there should be a setting in yours, somewhere, that allows you to to mute your rear audio, when headphones are plugged in the front.
    My setting is in my Advanced Settings.

Attached Files:

11. KOzekz

KOzekz Private E-2

Thanks.. seem like my previous problem have been solved after i've sent back my laptop to hp ;) i think the guy at hp just replace my whole front panel with new one since my remote, jack, even the mute button's color were perfectly working fine.. i firstly thought it all about software and drivers issues.. Thank you guys.. heheh

12. abegum16

abegum16 Private E-2

ermmm... i dont have the same version of realtek hd audio manager as you i have a diffrent version and those advanced settings are not available for me...the sudio driver version is-5.10.00.5345 and the directX version is-9.0b and the audio controller is HD audio and the audio codec is-ALC883. thats all there is. please help!

13. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I ran into this problem before.
    I don't know if it's the difference in PC brands, HD Manager versions, or the OS, but there are different GUI's for the Realtek HD Manager and they should all contain the same basic settings.
    I can't really walk you through this one, but somewhere in your audio settings there HAS to be a setting for muting the back speakers, when plugging in your headphone.
    I would take a good look through every possible option, until you find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds