connects: Firefox, WoW, AIM. Doesn't connect: IE, software updates

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gomanson, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Gomanson

Gomanson Private E-2

Ok, today I did a brand new windows xp (sp2) reinstall. Installed Comodo Firewall Pro and Comodo BOClean, SpywareBlaster, and Spybot. Installed AIM, WoW, Firefox, Website Extractor...all before connecting the comp to my router. I set-up the firewall and BOCLean and SpywareBlaster as per the instructions on Majorgeeks.

When I first connected, the Spybot updater wouldn't work and it still wouldn't work. The version I installed was DLed today from the majorgeeks mirror. I am connected with Firefox, AIM, and even Website Extractor. I set the firewall to allow WoW updater and now that works too. (Yes, I disabled windows firewall first) From What I can tell, I can't connect with IE6.0 or the spybot updater.

I'm almost ready to reinstall again, but this time with no protection software or alternate browser! I'm not going to post any logs because I know the system is clean, as I just got it running, enabled protection before plugging in, and haven't done any surfing.

Edit: Oh, I can't connect to update Spyware Blaster either.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds