Delta Fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Goldenskull, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Good God these Delta Fans sound like a jet or more like a big vacuum cleaner.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001
    Do not bye these unless you can figure out away to slow them down.

I my self only put one of these fans in i have it on the back exhaust vent pointing in cooling my CPU and Ram.

I figured out away to slow this thing down drastically it was spinning at 5,800 RPM's Wow.

Ok here is how i was able to slow it down.

I put it on the exhaust vent ok then i put the 3 pin on my CPU's 4 pin fan connection.This helped bye letting me have control of the fan speed.

Even at 3200 RPM it is still blowing a lot of air.

Ok here is my second part of slowing it down.

I went to http://www.msi.com/product/mb/870A-G54.html#/?div=Utility&os=Win7 32
    And Downloaded the MSI Control Center this works.Then installed it and then in the program it will take a min or 2 to load.I clicked on Green Power Then Basic Then Advance Then in Mainboard.

Look for Fan Control.

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If I install one in my Hoover, will my carpets be cleaner? :-D

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Probably lol:-D

i have to turn down the fan so what does that tell yeah.

It sucks air like crazy when they say 200+ CFM there not kidding lol

4. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

These fans are marketed as air movers, not quiet fans. Note the Noise level spec of 62 dBa. That is extremely high - but since this is marketed as an air mover and not as a fan for home theater environments, there is no fault in the fan here.

The fault, if any, is in the buyer buying the wrong part for the job. Now, you are trying to slow it down to be quiet. Instead, I recommend you chalk this up as a learning experience and instead of trying to Mickey Mouse this to work with fan controllers (which are great for wasting power), you buy a new fan with good noise specs that meets your cooling needs too.

I would much rather have 2 quiet fans than one loud one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds