Can't remember OS cloning software seen on MGs

Discussion in 'Software' started by SpokaneTim, Sep 7, 2014.

1. SpokaneTim

SpokaneTim Private E-2

Hey All,

I was on MajorGeeks about 6 months ago and I ran across some Operating System cloning software, but I can't find it now and I can't remember its name. :-o

It saved a copy of the OS (from last logon?) and replaced overwrote the current OS at the start of the session (I think that is how it functioned).

The idea was that any changes to the operating system (malware, virus, etc) that occurred during the previous session would be overwritten and replaced by the original, pristine OS upon rebooting. If you get infected by something, no problem! - just hit reboot and go back to work with a restored operating system.

Does anyone remember what this utility is called? :confused

Thanks!

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

There are several names I can think of:

EaseUStodoBackup (free version)

Macrium Reflect (free version)

and my personal favorite (not available on Major Geeks)

AOMEI Backupper

3. SpokaneTim

SpokaneTim Private E-2

Thank you for that quick response Mdonah! I checked out all three links and all three products look excellent. My memory might not be too good, but the one I remember had an automatic overwrite of the OS every time you booted up. It was a simple package with one function. But it seemed very effective. If I can't find that one I saw on MajorGeeks 6 months ago, I will probably go with one of your suggestions.

Thanks for your help!:clap

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Does this sound familiar?

Reboot Restore Rx
    VirusTotal scan results:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/08454cf7a8e796331dca705c91c5e558ee320e9bf1fa4a471a7da5cc5e35f273/analysis/1410142931/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  5. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

6. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you go to this page, perhaps one of the titles listed will jog your memory.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds