Super Anti-Spyware

Discussion in 'Software' started by turnorburn, Feb 18, 2010.

1. turnorburn

turnorburn Private E-2

This utility has a problem guys, the window says its real time protection, so I downloaded it, something is wrong with the installation as well. :wave

http://majorgeeks.com/SUPERAntiSpyware_d5116.html

Thanks...

turnorburn

Btw its not real time protection either

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

This is the free edition. If you want, you can upgrade to the paid version which offers real time protection. What problems are you facing with the installation?
    Cheers..

3. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I can't say about the installation, it worked fine for me 2 weeks ago.
    As for Real Time, it used to be, they changed it so now you have to buy it for real time.

4. turnorburn

turnorburn Private E-2

[​IMG]

The wording needs changing then, the words real time protection need to be removed. Otherwise somebody somebody like me
    will make the same mistake..

Thanks....

turnorburn

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:)
    I've been using SUPERAntiSpyware for over 2 years and the "real time" protection feature has always been required purchasing.

dr.m

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

silly question time: why the avira umbrella icon? :confused

7. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Maybe because Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus has "basic real time anti-malware blocking" included?

8. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Really? I'm pretty sure I used to have Real Time with the free version, it used to pop up and tell me if I had incoming spyware...... I could be thinking of something else but I've used SAS for several years now.

But he's right, it says Freeware and includes the statement that it runs real time.

9. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Didn't it, once upon a time, have a 30 trial period and then revert to the free version? Or am I confusing that with something else? I think it just upgraded earlier this week. What I don't understand is, when it upgrades, it then says you can get the pro version, "now" for half price($19.95). Then within a day or two you can get it for $9.95. And it will stay that way until the next upgrade.:confused

10. turnorburn

turnorburn Private E-2

11. turnorburn

turnorburn Private E-2

I'm a beta tester for Avira, its a gas when we get a build that uses the German language.

turnorburn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds