Double clicking doesn't open my D: drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by FigureFans.Com, Oct 15, 2003.

1. When I double click on my D: drive in "My Computer", it pops up a message and says "Please go to control panel to configure and install system components". I have to right click on the D drive and choose "Open" to access it.

Additional Info:

-The Icon of the D drive is an "unknown-file type" icon
    -When right click on D, Autoplay is the only bolded option, Open is not bolded.
    -I did chkdsk /r , it says the file system is NTFS and that it cannot lock currrent drive.
    -I did some of those regedit things like setting some Shell values to "none", but it didn't help
    -It's NOT a virus
    -I am not experiencing any problems with my harddrive other than this annoyance.

System Specs:
    Windows XP Pro
    1.3 GHz processor
    512 SDRam
    60 GB hard drive

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Can you right click and choose explore? Can you access it that way?

3. yeah, I can access it that way, but I'd like to fix it where it will work like the rest of my drives.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Look for an autorun.inf file on your D:\ drive and rename it...

5. Thanks a lot. I did like you said and it fixed it. I really appreciate it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds