Desktop Icon

Discussion in 'Software' started by Eyz, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Eyz

Eyz Private E-2

Hello,
    I downloaded a file of a "Game Trial" from FilePlanet, but it seems the file was old and no longer worked. When i clicked the exe it started a BAT file and ended almost instantly. Im pretty sure it`s not a malicious file but i can`t seem to get rid of the icon.

I`ve went through all my system processes and dont see it runing, also it hasn`t tried to connect to the internet my firewall hasn`t picked it up. Rebooted in Safe-Mode and ended task on everything but the RPC-Service and still couldn`t delete it. Ran a Trend-Micro/Macafee Virus scans so im sure its clean.

The file is named "SWG_Trial_GSI.exe" In the properties/program/advanced/Windows PIF it has

%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
    %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT

From what i can tell its not using any system resources, basicly i just cant get rid of this icon everytime i try to delete it, it is being used by a other application or is runing.

Also i have a Hijackthis.txt but get "Upload Errors" when i try to upload it.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance - Eyz

2. Naux

Naux Private E-2

Not sure where to get it anymore, you might be able to find one on this site. In the past there was a way of dealing with pesky stuff like this with a program called RegCleaner BE Advised, you can make or break a system with it. What it does is, it shows you a list of things in your registry and you can remove them with it.
    Look for RegCleaner,

Or.

Re-download SWG trial, reinstall over the old version, and then uninstall the application.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds