Re: New to Forum

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by thetroubadour, Apr 2, 2014.

1. thetroubadour

thetroubadour Private E-2

Hello. I'm new to the forum although I have visited the major geeks site often for advice. I've dabbled in computers since the Sinclair ZX and Commodore Pet days and even sold them commercially for Tandy Business Products in Glasgow. I've observed all the changes, yet nothing really changes, just get more and more supposedly necessary services and processes added whether you want them or not. I have a car with air conditioning (cooling) but I live on the Ayrshire Coast of South West Scotland ... what I need is an extra heater and double windscreen wipers, yet, guess what, the most common serious problem on a Rover 75 is overheating from failed air-conditioning and the door handles jam and break. My first Rover was a 1959 Rover 90 ... you couldn't break those door handles with a sledge hammer. I've acquired an Acer Aspire 9300 to SOLELY run Windows Media Player and MP4 Karaokes downloaded from YouTube to back me while singing at wee local gigs, and you'll never guess what has RED CROSSED itself 3 times now ... blo*dy 'audiosrv' and it still refuses to be switched on. Trouble is I've inadvertently corrected it twice but don't know how or why. Computers, don't you just love 'em.:drool

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. ;)

3. thetroubadour

thetroubadour Private E-2

Thanks yourself, hope my post in AUDIOSRV was helpful ... your posters who suggested delving into the registry pointed me in the right direction for finding the 'dependencies'. toodle pip!

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Good to know. ;)

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and welcome :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds