forgot password

Discussion in 'Software' started by aTa, Sep 6, 2004.

1. aTa

aTa Private E-2

Hello,
    I'm using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2.

My password for the Windows log-on is not working!

I have the guest account turned off, and I can't get into a Windows in any way.

It's not a BIOS password, and I tried disconnecting the password jumper cable, but no luck.

Is there any way to get back into Windows and disable the password?

(The hint is not showing up because of the Service Pack 2.)

Thanks.

2. trentw2323

trentw2323 Private E-2

Since you setup windows, you can boot into safe mode and login as administrator, after logging in as administrator you can create another account, there are some tools that let you edit your windows password, you just have to find them.

3. aTa

aTa Private E-2

I cannot log in under safe mode because it STILL requests a password. REMEMBER, I'm using Service Pack 2, so things are different.

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

5. FinalJason823

FinalJason823 Private E-2

In Service Pack 2 you should still be able to log in as Administrator in safe mode without a password, at least I have never had a problem with this, so I don't know how you might have it set up, but you should "in theory" be able to do so. Yet as we all know, no two Windows installs seem to be exactly the same so......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds