Nice new Rig...Nice new set of problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gone_Surfing, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Gone_Surfing

Gone_Surfing Private E-2

Ok, so i'v decided that the old is out and its time for a change:cool... New processor (E8400), new ram (crucial balistic 2gb), new motherboard (Asus P5k premium) and a power supply for good measure (460W).... in fact the only things i'v kept are the hard drive and optical drive...!

Of course, all that means that SOMETHING must go wrong! Now every time i try to re-start i get the lovely blue screen and the error code 0x0...7B, does anyone have any other ideas apart from that the hard drives f**ked.

I'v checked the bios and set the ram voltage to manufactures 2.0V level just incase that was set wrong. And now im just hoping that the hard drive hasn't gone to be honest!

Although getting a new drive isn't expensive or too hard and most of my files are backed up it'd be nice to be able to get back into the old girl!

Cheers for any help.

Dave

2. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

Did you reload the PC as well or just install new hardware?

3. Gone_Surfing

Gone_Surfing Private E-2

I just took out the old and plugged in the new, have since borrowed a mates harddrive and booting off that for the time being, can access most of my files from my old harddrive but not boot off it... Have come to the conclusion that this is a sign for me to stop being a cheap skate and buy a new hard drive!

cheers for the reply.

Dave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds