I have a big problem turning my pc on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boerneef, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Boerneef

Boerneef Private E-2

I have a problem turning my PC on. The problem started after a heavy thunderstorm, I thought it might be the power supply but the computer shop says it is fine. I reseated everything still no turn on, i shorted the button pins with a screwdriver, still nothing. I have a Abit An7 motherboard 512mb ddr 333 ram, Amd 2100xp and a Giabyte 256mb 9600xt. Please help me <im on my knees begging] :rolleyes:

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Let's go Low-Tech:

When you press the power button does any of the lights come on? How about the PowerSupply's fan?
    How about the wall outlet? Did you check to see if it still provides juice?
    Also try replacing the power cord....since the Power Supply was fine.
    If both the wall outlet and the power cord was not the culprit then you could have one or more of the components damaged inside the case...mainly CPU and/or motherboard...

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

have you tryed reducing to the bare minimums? ie vid card 1 stick of ram cpu and hdd and tryed to boot? it might be that somthing might have shorted on your system not allowing it to boot @ all. I know when my PSU gave you one stick of ram shorted out but the other one didnt.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds