Side-by-Side Configuration error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse74, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Jesse74

Jesse74 Private E-2

I was hoping someone could help with this, I'm getting an error when ever I try to open any MS Office apps which says "The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application even log for more detail"
    After looking at the event log I find AESTFilters error: 1063 StartServiceDispatcher failed. I have no idea what that means and after doing some research I find that AEST is from a company called Andrea ST Filter Service which is to filter sound from the Mic, but I don't see how this is affecting all of the Office programs.
    I've tried installing all of the drivers, OS and other application CD's that came from Dell but when I install the Office software it keeps giving me the error. Does anybody have any idea as to what this is or how to fix it?

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

You might try a system restore to when it was working.

3. techsent

techsent Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds