Problem With CD Burning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chaos_Is_Fun, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Chaos_Is_Fun

Chaos_Is_Fun Private E-2

Hello. I've a problem with my CD/DVD burners. I've two burners, couldn't tell you what brand they are or anything. Whenever I try to burn a CD (I've only tried it with a Music CD, haven't tried with Data yet), no matter what program I use (Nero, WMP, etc.) it always comes with the same problem. My drive will tell me to "Please insert a blank disc into (Letter here) drive" and that it will start burning immediately after. My problem is, I have inserted a blank disk and it still continues to say this. Now I KNOW my computer is picking up the disc because if I insert it prior to this, Windows will automatically pick up there is a blank CD in the drive and ask what I want to do with it. So my computer is picking up the CD until it's time to burn, in which case it asks what I want to do with the CD. I've double and triple checked to make sure the CD's I'm using are clean... both files wise and scratch/dust wise. I'm using Windows XP, and have tried this with several various CD's, both writable and re-writable, and different brands (Sony, Memorex, and 2 other brands I can't remember the name of). BOTH drives are giving me the same problem.

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you tried updating the driver from the manufacturers site of your ROM ??

3. Chaos_Is_Fun

Chaos_Is_Fun Private E-2

I've tried updating it through
    Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Devices

How can I determine who the manufacture is as I'm currently unsure?

4. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

5. Chaos_Is_Fun

Chaos_Is_Fun Private E-2

No, as stated in my first post, I'm using Windows XP. :p

6. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

DL Link below and install and it should give you the information you require.......choose Storage/Optical Drives and with the letters written there you will be able to put in search engine to find Manufacturer. Put DVD Rom then number. Failing that you will have to open your Computer case and take out Rom's and all info is written on there. Make sure you are well powered off before attempting this.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds