Not sure what's going with my computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by KauaiSis, Apr 14, 2012.

1. KauaiSis

KauaiSis Private E-2

I'm worried that my computer is headed for big trouble because lately it's been acting strangely. For instance, I'd put it to sleep then come back and the light would show it was on but the monitor won't wake up. I'd then force a shut down by holding down the power button and then turn it back on.

Then today I came to computer and the monitor said something about not receiving a signal. Again I had to force a shut down. When I restarted, I got that plain screen with the message that Windows had a problem and that the computer had to shut down (I couldn't even read the message because it immediately shut down!). Scared me!
    I again pressed the power button and thank goodness it turned on this time.

Any suggestions before this gets worse? This is an HP desktop, less than 3 years old.

Thanks!

2. KauaiSis

KauaiSis Private E-2

Thanks for the quick reply. No exclamation points in Device Mgr.

HP Pavilion Model NY639AA#ABA (ACPI x64-based PC)

Monitor HP 2159 Series Wide LCD

I'll check back in the a.m. (way past my bedtime and I have to get up early).

I appreciate any suggestions.. thanks again!

3. KauaiSis

KauaiSis Private E-2

Oh, forgot to mention I have Windows 7

4. KauaiSis

KauaiSis Private E-2

Hi, I did the default setting thing in the Power settings. There were four plans: Recommended, Power Saver, Balanced, High Performance. I clicked "restore to default" on all.
    Yes that's my model number. p6213w Sorry about that.
    I'll do the driver. Thanks! I'll let you know if any changes.

5. samtal

samtal Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds