How To Enable Images While Viewing Mail In Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Software' started by 20Valve, Aug 11, 2007.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

I have recently installed and began using Thunderbird. So far, I like it. One thing though, how do I enable image display within the body of an email? I am sure there is a setting somewhere. I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Click on View > Message Body As is set to either "Original HTML" or "Simple HTML".

If the images are attached to messages: go to the "View" menu and make sure that "Display Attachments Inline" is checked.

Steve

3. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Matacumbie -

I went and checked the setting as you suggested. Original was already enabled. I tried all three settings with no luck. I have a yellow/orange at the top of each message that provides info regarding the message currently being viewed. It has a button to "load images." Images appear when I click it.

Somehow I have another setting somewhere that needs to changed. Any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try Tools > Options > (Advanced if using 1.07 or below) > Privacy > General and uncheck the box for "Block loading of remote images in mail messages

Steve

5. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Matacumbie -

It seems that it was a Zone Alarm setting. After poking around in Zone Alarm I figured it out. If I had mentioned that I had Zone Alarm email setting in my original post I think I would have been set straight from the outset.

Thanks for the help.

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Just glad you got it figured out, good job. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds