iPhone settings to receive microsoft outlook email

Discussion in 'Software' started by brandnew2mac, Sep 5, 2011.

1. brandnew2mac

brandnew2mac Private E-2

Hello Everybody,
    I am trying to forward my work email, which is through Microsoft Outlook and a server, to my iphone through a gmail forwarding account. I've heard it can be done and have changed every setting I was instructed to but I feel that I'm still missing something (and I obviously am because I can't receive email to my iphone yet). Does anyone have a step by step breakdown on how to rectify my issue? Any and all help is much appreciated! Thanks,
    Jason

2. Micron

Micron Private E-2

I believe you should be able to set up your already established gmail account via the email app built into the iPhone without any special settings. As for the mail forwarding you should be able to set up a "rule" on your Microsoft Exchange account to automatically forward the mail to your gmail account.

Here is a good how to guide which I hope helps
    http://goo.gl/MiOPI

PS
    The iPhone also has direct exchange support which would allow you to receive emails without having to forward anything. You may check with your IT department and get the proper settings from them in order to set up your Exchange email account directly.

Again hope this helps

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

In order to receive your work email from the domain, you would have to talk to your IT group in setting up your iPhone to receive the email, if they allow. If you are on call 24/7, again talk to IT. If not, do like I do, and that is I keep my work separate from home, since when I walk out the door, work is done.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds