Registry cannot load Hive file system\system32\config\security

Discussion in 'Software' started by xhomewreckerx, Nov 14, 2007.

1. xhomewreckerx

xhomewreckerx Private First Class

So I tried installing the new software for my Zune, and there were errors. Now everytime I reboot my computer I see "Found New Harware..System". I have no idea what this is. So instead of fiddling with it, I decided to reformat since I was due for it anyway. I put in the restoration cd that came with my Emachine, and i get the error that is located in the subject.

Please help.

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Since yours is just the "security" hive that is corrupt I would try this first just so it won't wipe all of your settings.

1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. If you have not already, go into the BIOS and set your CD-DVD drive as first boot so you can boot from the disc. You can do this by tapping F1, F2, F10 or DEL depending on your system. Do this when the BIOS splash screen displays.
    2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console. By default it should be C:\WINDOWS.
    4. When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
    5. At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the commands below. Please read very carefully and be sure you add the spaces where you see the yellow underscores.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  3. xhomewreckerx

I'm sorry, but where am I typing these things??

4. xhomewreckerx

Ok I'm assuming CMD

Says the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

5. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

I apologize for not specifying, I just assume everyone knows already.

Hopefully you have your Windows OS disc, if so, enter it in the drive and reboot your system.

1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. If you have not already, go into the BIOS and set your CD-DVD drive as first boot so you can boot from the disc. You can do this by tapping F1, F2, F10 or DEL depending on your system. Do this when the BIOS splash screen displays.
    2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console. By default it should be C:\WINDOWS.
    4. When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
    5. At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the commands from my previous post.

6. xhomewreckerx

I don't have a windows system disc. That is my problem. I have the Windows that was installed on my machine when I bought it, and all I have it my System Recovery disc

7. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Any Microsoft XP cd will do and some ( eg Dell) OEM 'operating system' disks as well.

Can you borrow one from a friend? This is not an infringement of copyright if used for this purpose.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds