Help with pop ups and error codes

Discussion in 'Software' started by Taraj, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Hi I hope somebody can help. I have panda anti virus software on my pc which should prevent pop ups but some have started coming through they are very annoying. Since they have started to appear I have tried today to install Kodak easyshare software after buying a new digital camera. It would not install and I had the error code 12x413x1931x I am now thinking this has something to do with the pop ups. Can I get rid of the pop ups? Would this have caused the problem? Can I download a better anti virus programme from microsoft? Has anybody even heard of Panda anit virus??? So many questions I used to work on a help desk but only first line support so do not want to delve in too deep without knowing what I am doing, can somebody please help this damsal in distress?

Many thanks in advance

Tara :(

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Tara,

Disable your pop-up blockers in Panda and try the install.

Steve

3. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Hi thanks will try and let you know who I get on.

T

4. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Before I try I just downloaded the free spyware doctor and am scanning my pc it is still scanning but is showing so far 411 infections could these be very serious?

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. Let us know.

Steve

6. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Ok now the spyware doctor has finished and a box has come on screen showing me the infection the location the risk type and description how can I do a screen copy so I can show you what it says that is if you can help and do not mind helping.

Tara

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Sadly Spyware Doctor is free to use but to remove spyware you'll need to pay, other good options are both Ad-Aware and MS Anti Spyware, both are FREE.

Ad-Aware Free

MS Anti Spyware ( beta ) Beta version upto now but works well.

plus for the future its worth installing Spyware Blaster as it helps to stop spyware being installed in the first place.
    SpywareBlaster

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Go here, http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 and go thru the spyware removal processes. Going thru the tutorial will help you remove most of what's on there.

I'm not sure the spyware is preventing you from installing EasyShare, just depends which you choose to do first. But, go thru the spyware process and then we can suggest some good free anti-virus and protection for you.

Steve

9. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Hi Steve,

I just installed the spyware Doctor after trying to install the Kodak Easyshare I got the erorr before installing the spyware doctor will go to the removal process and see how I get on. Then I will turning the pop up blocker before trying to install the Kodak Easyshare programme

Halo has recommend Ad-Aware and MS Anti Spyware, both are FREE shall I install one of these after I have tried to removal process? Also spyware Blaster?

10. DavidGP

Hi Tara, Steve will be back soon he's just had to pop out ( sadly I have to too BUT we wont forget you and your post here )

Yes the Spyware removal section of Majorgeeks is very helpful in removing spyware, in those guides they will most probably mentions those software too, Ad-Aware and MS SPyware are very good at removing most of the easier spyware... some spyware may need expert help with HijackThis BUT I would use Ad-Aware and MS Spyware to see what they remove.

I would advice copying to CD all your important files, documents, Emails... basically everything you cannot afford to loose as one of the steps in removing spyware is to turn off System Restore... backup is a precaution.

SpywareBlaster is great at stopping spyware being installed in the first place BUT will not remove spyware... I know install after the horse has bolted so to speak, but worth installing anyhow.

11. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Thanks Halo you have been a star I will let you know how I get on although having just printed off the spyware and trojan removal it looks a little hard on no. 2 it states Network security workstation etc Only do this step if you have the about blank or home search hijack so maybe I will leave this until you get back or doI even need to do this? Also I turned my pc off just as I was about to shut down it stated runtime error program C:\programfiles\internet explorer iexplore.exe R6025 pure virtual function cell this is the 2nd time I have received this error when closing down is this a major problem?

Thanks again for your help

12. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Hi Steve me again, sorry!! I just did a search on the error code that appears when shutting down my pc:

pure virtual function call C Run-Time Error R6025

No object has been instantiated to handle the pure virtual function call.

This error is caused by calling a virtual function in an abstract base class through a pointer which is created by a cast to the type of the derived class, but is actually a pointer to the base class. This can occur when casting from a void* to a pointer to a class when the void* was created during the construction of the base class.

What on earth does it mean???

Ad Ware has quarantined 468 files, can I delete these permantley?

T

13. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Yes, if it allows. Don't be concerned with the error message as of yet, it can be caused by IE6, Excel 2002, several things including malware. So go ahead and get what spyware you have removed, and then we can work on those things, may not happen again after you get your system cleaned up.

Remember to turn off any popup blockers before trying to install the EasyShare software.

You can always trust Halo's advice. :)

Steve

14. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Thanks for all your help yesterday. However I still can not load Kodak Easyshare I as you suggested turned off the pop up blocker and try to load it again but still had the same error code 12x413x1931x any ideas what this means? Sorry to ask you again you were a great help yesterday.

T

15. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

16. Anon-068c403e2d

17. DavidGP

Forgot to ask What OS are you using and is it upto date with all updates? ( If XP or W2k are you installing from Administrators account )

Which Version of EasyShare are you using.. again is that the latest version? Latest and most upto date version of EasyShare

also are you now Spyware and Virus free?

18. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Hi Halo,

I have now got it sorted I went onto the Kodak website and downloaded the software, now why did I not just do that in the first place!!! Think I am virus free I deleted the ones it found and have not had any more pop ups so fingeres crossed. I now have antispyware and spydoctor installed and adaware, Adaware has quarantined 468 items can I permantly delete these? I can not see an option to anywhere. Thanks for all your help

Tara

19. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

ok have now found the delete button I take it that it is ok to go ahead and delete the files they have quarantined?

20. Anon-068c403e2d

Quarantined items cant harm you,
    deleting it wont change anything.
    However since adaware is a trustable software,I would say go ahead and delete it.

21. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I thought you had already deleted them? Just delete them, not going to hurt anything.

You did a great job Tara, Halo always comes up with the right answers.

Steve

22. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Thanks again guys just one last question as ever before I go, when I purchased my pc it came with panda antivirus I had not heard of it before. When I try and update it does not let me it tells me to check the update settings it says automatic updates are carried out but the last update was 23 08 04 my automatic protection setting is enabled my user name begins with a c but I do not know the password as this was not given to me and was installed before I received the pc. HOw can I make sure I am getting the updates?

23. Anon-068c403e2d

Panda is an OK AV.Make sure autoprotect is on.And automatic update is enabled.
    Also you should have an antispyware aswell and run a scan once a week.

24. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Tara,

You should have registered Panda at some point even if it was preinstalled, and may have to enter user name and password for automatic updates:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/support/card.aspx?id=16&idIdioma=2

If you have forgotten your password or not sure, go here:

http://service.pandasoftware.com/ro...andasoftware.com/support/register/entorno.asp

If you choose not to keep Panda let us know. We have several free anti-virus and firewalls available here at MG's that perform just as well.

Let us know.

Steve

25. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Hi Steve am sure did not register Panda I think they must have done it there end. If you have any freebies that would be great if they are just any good as I said Panda has not been updating since last year!!

26. DavidGP

I'm sure my mate Steve wont mind me jumping in with my options on AVs ;)

Anti Virus
    Avast ( Home Edition ) Free

AVG Free Edition

plus if you dont have thses others already, they maybe worth looking at....

a2 ( A-Squared ) Free This is a great compliment to your full AV program as this scans for some of the things that AVs dont... certain trojans, dialers, malware etc

Spyware

have a look at our How to on Preventing Spyware And Malware Infections
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25834

some notable software I would install from this list are ... SpywareBlaster, Ad-Aware and MS AntiSpyware ( Beta ) ... a beta version but works very well and has many options for protection.

27. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds