Good idea? Bad Idea?

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlanYork, Jun 26, 2006.

1. AlanYork

AlanYork Private E-2

I'm having problems with Windows Live Messenger. Half the time it won't send Offline Messages and sometimes now even online ones bounce.

My system is spyware and virus free, I have the latest version installed and I've tried all the obvious fixes…uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting etc. Nothing seems to solve it and various tech forums I have posted in haven't been any help at all.

I don't want to go back to the old style of MSN Messenger, if you do that the sounds don't work in it. It's a known problem and there is a fix but it's a hassle and if it doesn't work I may have messed up my system (nice one MSN!!!).

So it's down to this….MSN tech support have said they can look into my account and see if anything is wrong. But that means taking my account offline, changing my password and then sending me a new one to a different e mail address. Lots of potential for making a complete mess out of it there and for me to lose my main e mail address, my contacts…the lot and permanently.

Has anyone ever done this with MSN? Did it work? In short, is it a good idea? Offline messaging I could live without but I just want the basics to work. I am not really confident of MSN's ability not to lock me out of my account permanently though. What if their e mail to my back up address saying "Here is your new password" goes astray?

Any advice guys?

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I have never used Windows Live Messenger so I am unsure of all its' capabilities, but if you can't solve your problem, to your satisfaction, you might try Trillian.

Instant Messenger type programs.
    Trillian www.majorgeeks.com/download680.html
    Can be used for multiple Messenger type programs. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds