Canon PIXMA MX310 Printer Alignment Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kellyplus, Nov 16, 2008.

1. kellyplus

kellyplus Private E-2

My Canon MX310 all-in-one printer has an alignment problem in printing graphics (line drawings) or text. A single graphic line will appear segmented, with each segment slightly offset from the next. When printing in "landscape" mode, horizontal lines are distorted, but not vertical lines. The opposite is true when printing in "portrait" mode.

Similar effects occur with printed text, with segmented text resulting, much more prevalent in horizontal lines of text when printing in "landscape" mode.

I have gone thru the procedures for head alignment and cleaning per the Canon on-screen manual. The head alignment printout shows a visible white vertical line in several sectors that I can't remove. I assume these are the areas where the offsets occur in the actual printing.

Any thoughts on correcting this problem will be appreciated.

2. JJz

JJz Private E-2

Well, since that is happening, the print head will have to get replaced, and im not sure about waht the price would be, but some of them are not cheap.

Sometimes it is jsut cheaper to buy a new printer than to fix the old one.

3. kellyplus

kellyplus Private E-2

JJz,

Thanks for your quick response.

This is the kind of confirmation I needed to get a new printer....something I have wanted to do every time I payed through the nose for Canon ink cartridges.

Any suggestions of quality AIO's to consider?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds