"Click To Run" update

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheFakeBillMurray, Aug 17, 2014.

1. TheFakeBillMurray

TheFakeBillMurray Private E-2

For the past couple of days I've been getting a Click To Run update pop-up for Microsoft Office Starter 2010. I keep canceling it because I don't know what will be included in the update, or what changes will be made to the Office Starter program I have. Is there a way to see what the updates are (and what they will do) before they are installed?

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, TheFakeBillMurray. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Could you please list what version of Windows you're running? There are different possible methods for XP and Vista/7/8/8.1.

3. TheFakeBillMurray

Sorry about that. I'm running Windows 7.

4. mdonah

Go to Control Panel -> Windows Update. Change Settings to those shown in attachment 1. Click Check for Updates. In the list that comes up, right click the update in question and choose View details. This will put up a description of the update(s) in question (see attachment 2). If you decide you don't want the update, right click it again and select Hide Update. I've got updates set to notify me but, don't download or install because like you, I want to be able to choose which updates I get.

Attached Files:

• WU1.jpg
      WU1.jpg
      File size:
      65.9 KB
      Views:
    • WU2.jpg
      WU2.jpg
      File size:
      74.4 KB
      Views:
  5. TheFakeBillMurray

Thanks. I checked the updates, but none of the updates displayed (either in the important updates or optional updates folders) are for Microsoft Office Starter 2010.

6. mdonah

Maybe this page on "Click to Run" from Microsoft may help. Updates can be disabled but, I couldn't find out how to get any information on them. They are "pushed" to your computer by Microsoft.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds