Sos! Any youtube geeks--need help

Discussion in 'Software' started by gplea, Aug 20, 2014.

1. gplea

gplea Private E-2

Please, if there are any YouTube geeks out there, PLEASE help me with this issue.

I've uploaded almost 100 videos on my Video Channel, which I made UNLISTED. On all but 3 there's a menu of other videos that are NOT related to my channel AT ALL, and every time I click on the link to anyone of these 3 videos this STINKING menu covers at least the entire right 1/3 of my video. I've gone to Channel/Advanced (and checked all other Channel features) to block any ads appearing on my channel, but that doesn't help. This stupid menu pops up on all of my other videos, but for some reason, on those it appears BEHIND the video. That's annoying enough, but this is ridiculous

I'm sending the links to these videos to VERY IMPORTANT clients that I only get 1 shot at, and Google is SCREWING me in the pooch!

Here's what else YouTube is screwing up. As I stated in my 1st thread, I made THE ENTIRE channel UNLISTED! I don't know how to make it ANY clearer to !@#$%ING YOUTUBE that I DO NOT want my videos circulated all over the web. I ONLY want to store them there FOR NO ONE to see so I can send the links out to whomever I choose, and ONLY they get to see them. NOW HOW THE H#!! can I do that?

Oh! AND ANOTHER thing. Now, I can't even see the the thumbnails that were there an hour ago. How do I get those back?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Well, the easy solution would be to not use youtube and make your own site/hosting for those videos. Pretty sure theres no way to block youtube adds completely, as thats how they pay for hosting your free videos that your using to make money. I dont have any helpful advice other then if your dependent on you tube to make your business work, you might look at other solutions ie private hosting for your videos.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Have you made your individual videos unlisted or just your channel?

As per https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177: "Unlisted videos won’t appear in any of YouTube's public spaces, like your channel page or search results, but it could appear elsewhere on the web if you or anyone who you shared the video with shares it more broadly."

Here is a link for ads on youtube:https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/94522

You should go through that just to make sure you have all steps followed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds