Is this an ok brand?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-15281db623, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

I found a TYAN 9800Pro retail from newegg.com The price is 199.99 which is the cheepest ive seen it.

Would it be ok to buy this brand? Or should i wait for a pny or other bigger manufactuors prices to be lower?

Thanks everyone!

:cool:

cooked

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Well as long as they follow ATI board specifications there isnt really anything that changes from one manufacture to another cept software package and maybe a gimmic here or there like 50mhz higher freq or somthing like that...I think the last companies to make their own mobo mods to the original ATI specs were BFG that are now out of buisness. Ignore all spelling errors please its 230am :p

3. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Should be a good card.
    No one at our LAN parties runs the 5900 or 5950 any more, too hot, too loud. Some prefer the nVidia picture and gave up the looks for ATI's stabliity on hot days. Those with $$ run the x800, others run 9700's or 9800's. To each his own, but I tend to run what works best and right now the ATI's work best.
    Unnamed422 - if you really don't like the 9800 - I could use another one. :)

4. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Thanks for your opinions!

Since that card was out of stock i found a Sapphire Radeon card for $206. I cant wait to get it.

I wouldnt get your hopes up DOA. I am sure i am going to love this card! But if i dont you will hear from me. :)

Thanks,

Cooked

5. ChrisC

ChrisC Private First Class

Tyan is a very good company and i would say that you really cant go wrong with getting stuff from them....they built up their business on workstation motherboards, so they have an excellent record of quality.
    And they usually OC well:p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds