World of warcraft

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chimera1984, May 1, 2006.

1. Chimera1984

Chimera1984 Private E-2

Hello i play world of warcraft a lot and understand the use of routers, but im having problems with this one.

I have recently brough a belkin F5D5321-4 wired router to allow more than 1 pc that i have to go through the same connection.

I have configured both computers with static ips but cant play wow through either one.

THey both disconnect after a minute of play.

The following ports have been opened to both ips

these are all TCP ports... just wondered if any one could shed any light on the matter as belkin certainly aint doing so.

Just so you know, it works fine without the router plugged in.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I... don't think this will work. See, the incoming data doesn't know if it's supposed to go to PC 1 or PC 2. It just knows it's on port 9090 or whatever, and then the router has to send it to both IPs? I don't think they work that way. I've never tried forwarding the same port to two different IPs.

Try removing the port forwarding to one of the IPs and then try WoW.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds