1. stuntmastersingh

stuntmastersingh Private E-2

hi,
    a nasty virus has appeared on my computer that blocks the internet connection although there is also something that is attempting to connect. scary. so i cant do all the checks. spybot is also blocked. the sound card is acting up, often i have no sound and the video is also bad. i cant enter safe mode as it appears to block my keyboard. i think its from china as i was getting lots of popups in chinese and think it may have arrived from tvants peertopeer chinese tv. system restore is also blocked off.
    please help, i know i havent followed all the steps but its not possible.

Attached Files:

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Please download GetRunKeys and ShowNewFiles using another computer and then run teh programs on the infected computer and post their logs.

3. stuntmastersingh

at the moment i cant install anything new. the cursor is always in hourglass loading mode and i cant get anything to open. :(

4. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Okay the below should get you started!

Make sure viewing of hidden files is enabled (per step 2 of the READ & RUN ME).
    Now download LSP - Fix

Run LSP-Fix.

Check the Box labeled "I know what I'm doing" and then click on the aelupsvc32.dll file (in the “Keep” section) to select it.

Then, Select the >> button to move aelupsvc32.dll into the Remove section.

Now, click the Finish Button. When the Repair Summary box appears, click OK.
    If it is already in the Remove section, just click Finish.

Please run HijackThis and click on the Open the Misc Tools Section button on the open page. Then select Open process manager on the left-hand side. Look for the following process (or processes) and one at a time kill them by selecting it and then click Kill process. Then click yes.

C:\WINDOWS\uninstall\rundl132.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\down\rundll32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Intel\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft\svhost32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Download\svhost32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sexmple.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\{8C85222D-0958-1033-0120-03081602002c}\Update.exe

After killing all the above processes, click Back.
    Then please click Scan and select the following lines but DO NOT CLICK FIX until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now:
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {05914B49-B191-861E-ADCB-F44407C9F4A7} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: CNNIC ÍøÂ繤¾ßDrag - {352E3B3A-CAB5-4DBC-B940-C7F84D0447D8} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {54B75093-EB00-B2AD-7958-CDCE6FC8B9C4} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: EyeOnIE - {C14393E1-95FF-4DFF-9BE0-EA008D4EF930} - C:\PROGRA~1\test\BHOPLU~1.DLL
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D80C4E21-C346-4E21-8E64-20746AA20AEB} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {f250d521-225d-4d6b-8829-e064f944e180} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\teaa.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {5AA06644-BC46-4220-A460-47A6EB47C96D} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [rundll32] C:\Program Files\Common Files\rundll32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinStar] C:\WINDOWS\IEXPL0RE.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [load] C:\WINDOWS\uninstall\rundl132.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [r] C:\WINDOWS\down\rundll32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [rzt] C:\WINDOWS\Intel\rundll32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ms] C:\Program Files\Microsoft\svhost32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wl] C:\WINDOWS\Download\svhost32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xy] C:\WINDOWS\Download\svhost32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WindowsStar] C:\WINDOWS\System32\sexmple.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exel
    O21 - SSODL: eplrr - {2F6AF9A1-6A0D-4EBC-9637-1CD12F6832D6} - (no file)

After clicking Fix, exit HJT.
    Boot into safe mode and use Windows Explorer to delete:

C:\Program Files\BHOPLU~1.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\teaa.dll
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\rundll32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\IEXPL0RE.exe <--- be careful. This is not iexplore.exe it is iexpl0re.exe . That is a zero not the letter 'o'
    C:\WINDOWS\uninstall\rundl132.exe <--- note the number one not a second lower case L
    C:\WINDOWS\down\rundll32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Intel\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft\svhost32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sexmple.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exel
    c:\windows\system32\aelupsvc32.dll

Now delete the below folders:
    C:\WINDOWS\uninstall
    C:\WINDOWS\down
    C:\WINDOWS\Intel
    C:\WINDOWS\Download
    C:\Program Files\test

Now if running Win XP goto c:\windows\Prefetch and delete all files in this folder.
    Now run Ccleaner (installed while running the READ ME FIRST).

Now we need to Reset Web Settings:
    1. If you have an Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop, goto step 2. If not, skip to step 3.
    2. Now right click on your desktop Internet Explorer icon and select Properties. Then click the Programs tab and then click "Reset Web Settings". Now go back to the General tab and set your home page address to something useful like www.majorgeeks.com. Click Apply. Click Delete Cookies, Click Delete Files and select Delete all Offline content too, Click OK. When it finishes Click OK. Then skip step 3.
    3. If you do not have an Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop, click Start, Control Panel (for some systems it may be Start, Settings, Control Panel), Internet Options, Programs tab and then click "Reset Web Settings". Now go back to the General tab and set your home page address to something useful like www.majorgeeks.com. Click Apply. Click Delete Cookies, Click Delete Files and select Delete all Offline content too, Click OK. When it finishes Click OK.
    Note for IE 7 users: You need to select Internet Options then the Advanced tab and then Reset Internet Explorer Settings!

Now reboot in normal mode
    Now run all of the READ & RUN ME and attach the below new logs and tell me how the above steps went.

1. CounterSpy
    2. Bitdefender
    3. PandaActiveScan
    4. GetRunKey
    5. ShowNew
    6. HJT
    Make sure you tell me how things are working now!

5. stuntmastersingh

unfortunately now i cant do anything on the computer. the cursor wont activate anything, its always in loading mode.

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

You could try to do a repair install, which could make things worse, or opt for a fresh install of XP. Without being able to install and run any of the programs we are requesting, we will not be able to locate what the problem is and correct it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds