Dell Inspiron 1545 audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by calbluejames, Aug 28, 2013.

1. calbluejames

calbluejames Private E-2

So my laptop's audio is too low for me to enjoy videos. I have my speakers at 100% and I can barely hear what people are saying. What are my options to get louder audio? Is there some software I can use? I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and I'm running Windows 7. It does have what I think is a pcmcia expresscard slot. so is there hardware I can buy? I'm not looking to spending much money, which is why I don't just buy a new laptop. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I forgot to mention, I also don't want to just get speakers. I don't have the space for them.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Whichever program you're using to watch your videos should have a volume control also. try boosting the volume control in the video playback software.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Ever look into a portable speaker?
    I use this which I bought for under $20 [​IMG]
    I loaned it to someone who had to give a presentation and it worked well because it was louder than the builtins.
    It has a rechargeable battery, on/off switch and can be powered through the USB port of a laptop. It is connected to the computer or an mp3 player through the headset port. It is under 2", about 5 cm when locked and about 2 1/2", about 6.35cm when open as you see in the picture. It is surprisingly loud for such a small device.
    If your funds are really limited, use earplugs. They can be bought for as little as $2.99.

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

There are ways to boost volume through graphic equalisers and windows settings.

First right click the speaker at the bottom right of taskbar, open volume mixer and make sure everything is maxed out.

Control panel-sounds-right click your speakers-properties-enhancements and enable 'loud' this can give a nice boost.

The best way though is through a graphic equaliser, whatever media player your using should have one such as media player classic, windows media player or vlc, enable the graphic equaliser and max every frequency out, this can easily double the volume.

Even better is to update the audio driver for your laptop they usually all have an equaliser setting which can be accessed via control panel, maxing this equaliser out will increase volume over all application so check control panel. For example on my HP audio settings are under IDT audio control panel in control panel, yours should be the same unless your laptop has the creative sound blaster x.

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/uk/en/ukdhs1/Product/inspiron-1545

The extra volume isn't free though, if you have the volume too high it can begin to 'clip' which causes distortion.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds