Stop flashplayer from loading automatically

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Mar 14, 2003.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

My ISP keeps asking me if I want to load it. It's a small window that I have to close each timeand is annoying. Any programs around to stop this?

Thanks

augie

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I believe if you go into your advanced properties of your internet options and uncheck "install on demand" ..that should stop it..

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

then you wont be able to view flash websites, which might be annoying. If its not a problem then fine! personally i hate flash for anything except intros or logos (animated ones, that is)

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

goldfish then you wont be able to view flash websites, which might be annoying. If its not a problem then fine! personally i hate flash for anything except intros or logos (animated ones, that is)

My ISP is trying to send an ad using the player. So it's basically a pop up. If a site wants to load it, then fine. I've got to think more about what I want to post, to make it clearer.:eek:

Regards

augie

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you want to stop pop up ads.. ..see that's the ad companies way of getting around people stopping them..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds