How can I open a .sig file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tater, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Tater

Tater Tot

Anyone know what I can use to open it?
    P.S. Yes, I searched here already. :)

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks Adrynlyne. I did check google and tried notepad but all I get is a bunch of ascii symbols and the file is supposed to be a picture. Go ahead with the cat though, I'm a dog person ;)

4. Tater

Tater Tot

I forgot a little info. When I try to open it, it says to "put in the Printmaster Gold disc", which I don't have. Also, it was sent as an email attatchment and both me and a friend of mine couldn't open it. Everything I found on google only says "it's a file used to attach avatars/pictures to an email, but nothing about opening them.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Where did you get the file?

6. Tater

Tater Tot

A friend of mine is getting threatened by an ex-girlfriends current boyfriend. He's got my friend's name and address, is supposedly physco with a drug problem, and this girl sent my friend his picture.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Ok, um, try opening it with Outlook?

8. Tater

Tater Tot

I thought that would do it too. I recently uninstalled Office 2000, but I've been putting off installing 2003 (I got a free copy from a MS Office event). Unless someone has a different idea, I'll try that. Thanks Adrynlyn.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

wanna send it to me? I'll try it :)

just send it to my board email address.

10. Tater

Tater Tot

Ok, I'll send it now. Lemme know what this guy looks like, I'm curious now. Thanks.

11. Tater

Tater Tot

Your email isn't listed in your profile, I can't send it.

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

13. Tater

Tater Tot

O.K. its sent. If you open it could you send it back in a different format? Otherwise, lemme know what he looks like.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  14. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Could not open in Outlook or an Image Editor.

I have no idea. SOrry :(

15. Tater

Tater Tot

Wow, thanks for trying though. Outlook was my last resort. :mad:

16. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Tater,
    I'm suspicious about this turkey.

Have you tried uudecode on it? (Google if you don't know what that is.)

Have you changed the filename to jpg or bmp or gif and tried it again?

17. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks Wiz, I'll try that now.

18. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

To what I have found so far .sig is the extension of the printshop series programs. From what I have read most people just have asked the person who sent them the email. to just convert the .sig file to jpg. or other well known format. Or you could buy the printshot program or ask someone here to convert it for you.

edit:the print shop program from what I understand has the option of saving the .sig file to the other formats

Unfortunately I cannot help you there since I do not have the program

Hope this helps

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  19. Tater

Tater Tot

@Wisewiz: I tried changing the file name but no luck. I'm still gonna try uudecode on it.
    @Endiablo: I told him to just have her send it as a Jpeg but both of them are P.C. illiterate and it's also a long distance call, he said ahe wouldn't be able to do it (how she sent it in the first place I have no idea). I don't have Print Master Gold either so I'll try Wisewiz's idea when I get home and post the results.
    Thanks again for the ideas.

20. Tater

Tater Tot

I actually found a copy of Printmaster, opened the file and it was empty. I guess she didn't know how to send a picture. Thanks for the help though guys.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds