Formatting in Word

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, Sep 25, 2014.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

I'm having a slight problem with MS Word 2007. It has stopped automatically capitalising the initial letters of countries and nationalities. For example, if I type england or english it no longer auto-corrects them to England and English.

I've had a look through the various Word Options that allows you to set automatic formatting options. I can't find one for this issue.

Can anyone please advise me what (if any) settings I need to change in Word 2007 to get this auto-formatting back?

Thanks!

2. cosman25

cosman25 Private E-2

It should be under Options>Proofing>Auto Correct Options. Make sure Autoformat as you type is selected. You may need to manually add in some Replace Text as you type options.

You can also try Repairing Office 2007 via the Control Panel in add and remove programs.

3. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

Thank you for the information.

There is no relevant option that I can find under "AutoFormat As You Type". Which option should it be?

I attach an image of the otpions I have.

Attached Files:

4. cosman25

cosman25 Private E-2

Switch to the AutoCorrect Tab in that window and you should see the "Replace Text as you Type" Field.

5. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

if you can't find the option that way go to insert tab and then symbol at the end and then click more symbols and then you should see autocorrect button at the bottom click on that and make sure those boxes are checked. if you need a guide here is the step by step instructions I found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M64-s4IbXt8

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

If this actually is a feature in Word 2007 it certainly doesn't work very well. Everything in the attached was typed in lower case - some get capitalised, some don't. Those that don't get marked as spelling errors in UK English, yet if you right click a 'misspelled' one it suggests the correct capitalised version rolleyes

I find features like this more trouble than they are worth and turn them off. It's easier just to type it the way you want it to appear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds