Gaim - not all it's been cracked up to be?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mimsy, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

So I just switched to Gaim messnger, after hearing tons of good things about it, and before I was even done adding all my accounts, I am already disappointed in it.

Are there any contact list management plugins available for Gaim, or am I stuck with the very small number of options that came with the basic install? Surely there is some way to move all my contacts into one single group, and then have only the ones that are online show?

Please tell me I've just missed something here. I refuse to believe such a basic function isn't part of a messenger client, no matter where it comes from.

/Mimsy

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Instead of having them sorted by messanger client?

3. Mac S

Mac S Private E-2

yes right the user you wish to move > hit expand > and drag the person into the right place.

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Yes, as opposed to sort them by client. If I wanted them sorted by client I could jus run the different clients. :)

I will try the "expand" method, thanks! I tried somethgin similar, but it didn't work the way I expcted. I suspect that was user error though... :eek:

/Mimsy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds