acer aspire 5000 help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kimmily10, Aug 1, 2009.

1. kimmily10

kimmily10 Private E-2

i have an acer aspire 5000 with win xp on it, its about 6 yrs old.
    had problems starting it up after a full shut down during storms and power outages. it would finally boot after many tries. this is the first problem ive had with this machine.

i knew the fan was dying and i replaced it on friday. i took the fan and heatsink out and replaced it with a new one.

it will not boot up at all this time. i can get it to come on and press f2 for set up or del and it gets to the page but then shuts off again.

a couple times ive been able to get to scandisk, it does the full scan then shuts down. if anyone knows anything please help me out thanks in advance.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It sounds like the power supply was marginal. The storms didn't help so I suspect maybe the power supply is gone.

3. kimmily10

kimmily10 Private E-2

thanks i was thinking that or the battery internal, i replaced it and ordered a new power cord. i'll let ya know probably by tuesday. thanks again :)

4. kimmily10

kimmily10 Private E-2

yup was the power cord, its up and running great now, thanks again. :wave

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Thanks for letting us know what fixed it. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds