Shattered Union Problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by VampLena, Jan 3, 2011.

1. VampLena

VampLena Private E-2

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I know there is another thread nearby about Shattered Union, but that problem has actually been sort of solved now.

You go into msconfig's boot section and limit memory to 2048, restart and the game works even on Vista/Windows 7 x64 systems.

What I would like to know though is knowing that solution is there a way to get the game running without going through that? Perhaps a way to limit memory ONLY to Shattered Union?

Thanks in advance

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I don't know of a way to do it, sorry. The reason there is a problem in the first place is, if I remember right (sorry, it's been a while since that thread), that Shattered Union works with the total amount of system memory, and completely freaks out if there's too much. So you need to find a way to trick the game into believing that you have less RAM installed than what you have... depending on where it looks, that might be very difficult.

3. VampLena

VampLena Private E-2

Thanks for your reply, nice to see another woman at the Geek Fourm ;)

As for the problem, Its funny you can naively tell a program to only use one core if you have multiple cores but there is no way to make a program think/have only a certain amount of memory.

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I know. It's both funny and a bit annoying, when you stop to think about it.

And there's quite a large number of us here actually. Stick around and say hello to everyone, and you'll get to met them. Including the admins, mods, and the malware fighting one. She's like the Xena of malware attackers. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds