Microsoft Printer Driver is not working.

Discussion in 'Software' started by nickman_35, Nov 9, 2003.

1. nickman_35

nickman_35 Private E-2

I am running Windows XP Home. I get Communication Not Available. The printer is connected to the USB port, and it is connected to power. I am trying to use WordPerect 10.

2. nickman_35

nickman_35 Private E-2

My printer is installed, and it is the default.

3. nickman_35

nickman_35 Private E-2

Reinstalling the driver did not work. It still comes up with the same error message.

4. nickman_35

nickman_35 Private E-2

No. I tried, but it still had the communication error.

5. nickman_35

nickman_35 Private E-2

Nothing seems to work..It is a Lexmark Z65, and the 1 Button keeps flashing..it just won't print.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Uncheck the first box on this tab.

Do it for ALL the usb root hubs in device manager.

This is under properties.

Also, if by the title you imply you are using an MS inbox driver, get an updated one. There are several drivers that were provided to M$ by the vendors when creating XP that were broken.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

you should also verify that your USB works at all.

8. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

make sure the usb port works. you can do this by using the same usb port with another device that you might have. (digital camera, memory stick etc.) that would be the first step is trying to solve your problem. First we must find out if the usb port works we will go from there;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds