Problem disabling sound card, sound is screwy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gbsrnumber5, Nov 14, 2006.

1. gbsrnumber5

gbsrnumber5 Private E-2

Hi guys. I had to do a refresh of my OS recently (XPSP2) and everything had been fine. Today, about a week after this install my sound is blotchy and skips whenever I do any processing. I had AC97 Realtek onboard sound, and now I have a SB Audigy in PCI slot. I tried disabling the onboard sound in BIOS but that is not an option under integrated peripherals anywhere. I only have the option of PCI or BSD(i think) for audio. I set it for PCI for my SB card. All drivers for SB are installed and Realtek is gone, software wise. An unknow multimedia device is listed in my device manager and I know it is the onboard sound, but I cannot get rid of it at all...

Also my system seems to be running 1/2 as fast as normal. All my Ad-aware, spybot, and AVG scans are clean. I am hoping that this is due to my sound issues...

Anyone who can help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Gabe

If additional info is needed please let me know...

Phoenix BIOS 6.00 PG
    AMD 64 3400+
    Motherboard Model SiS-755
    1.5 GB RAM
    AVG 7.5 Antivirus

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Right click my computer/properties/hardware/device manager/sound ,video and game controlers. You will find your onboard sound, at the bottom of the box there is an optition to disable. ed

3. gbsrnumber5

gbsrnumber5 Private E-2

I already tried deleting all the items in the sound, video, and games controllers that had to do with sound in safe mode, and then I went back into windows and installed all the SB drivers...

This didn't fix my problem, but thanks for the help Thanks Turnered

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds