CRYPT help

Discussion in 'Software' started by ale87, Oct 5, 2004.

1. ale87

ale87 Private E-2

zup everyone, need help with some theory

how can you convert this: CBAD14 into decimal form.
    and some info.

thankx a lot

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I've never head of CBAD14, and google shows nothing (suprisingly).
    I might be able to help you If i knew what it was, but I don't so I can't ;)

3. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

Hmmm are you wanting to convert the string "CBAD14" into some sort of decimal format???
    eg turning the character C into '67' and the B into '66' etc as their ASCII codes? CRYPTic indeed. ;-)

4. ale87

ale87 Private E-2

hey goldfish thanks for replying

BADC14 or any string of letters like that , e.g.

ABC12, or AABR54 or whatever. i was looking in google too, to see if i could find some info about letters to decimal convertion, but couldnt find anything...lets see...for example, say if it was like the A is equal to 65, B is equal to 66 and so on.... then ABC would be equal to
    656667...alright but dont know the true convertion and still, dont know what to do with the last numer, 12 or 14 or whatever.

ok

5. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

Well all characters have an ASCII equivalent (at least most characters do - the first 128 are used the most, the second 128 considered to be extended ASCII characters) and by characters I mean not just letters but numbers and symbols too... so just like A goes to 65, maybe 1 goes to 49......

Can I be a tad nosy and ask what this is about? Maybe with a bit more info we can help...

6. ale87

ale87 Private E-2

of course quicksilver

it is a java challenge, i dont know if the admin alows posting names of web pages, if he does ill give it to you in case you want to see the challenges.

i've tried already with this: converting BADCAB12 into 6665686665664950
    but it said i was wrong, so i tried with low cap, 9897 blah blah
    wasnt right,,,so i thought that BADCAB12 was in hex form, so i tried converting hex into decimal and it didnt work either. so

7. rmStar-R

rmStar-R Private E-2

If the characters can go beyond F, then it is definitely not hex.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds