Benefit vs. Risk > Demand

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ASA, Mar 23, 2005.

1. ASA

ASA Private E-2

Im intriged by modifing.....everything. I drive an overclocked '68 Camaro w/ 500 hp big-block. I used to Overclock myself with that powdery white stuff but came close to smoking my CPU. I still require frequent increases to my front side bus via the adrinalin that I administer by simpily increasing downward pressure of my right foot to raise the Camaro's MHZ. Im drawn strongly to Hot Rodding my Athlon 1800 xp w/ 1rst Internation AN11 mobo. A lot of o/c info discribes the changes made incrementaly, of FSb spd., CPU voltage and the Multiplier. Unfortunitly (or not) the AN11 allows only an FSB 100-133 jumper and CPU v dip switch. The bios only supports basic changes to DramCASLat.,Bank Inter.,Pre to ACTV, ACTV to Pre, ACTV CMD, DRAMs. I messed with these settings using the advice from "madshrimps", and went from 1553 upto 1750 or so and was quite pleased that the machine worked properly and didnt glow or stink. I've installed a massive (compar to stock) heatsink-Fan and front case intake, rear exhast fans, althought their not doing much considering the cover came off the day I got the thing. I use a sm. table fan. CPU @ 104. In closing I declare, I dont think I need much more than stock (I compelled to Some increase) I think it would only assist during demanding service- GAMES...So It Is Now, That I Inquire the Ranks, to share with everyone, your "MOTIVE to MODIFY". p.s. Now about this CPU unlocking thing........

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds