AVG-Control Center Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by rosebud2411, May 5, 2007.

1. rosebud2411

rosebud2411 Private E-2

Hi I am new at this. I am having a problem with AVG:cry I am having all kinds or Trogen horses and my conntrol center is not working!!!!confused Please someone help!!!!!

2. rosebud2411

rosebud2411 Private E-2

I fogot I cannot even use my Super Anti Spyware

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

First, welcome to Major Geeks. If you installed AVG and Super Antispyware on a PC that already had a massive infection, there's a good chance that all the malware has really mucked things up, preventing you from using these two apps. Go to the malware removal forum, read the stickies, and follow the instructions. There are several web sites where you can do an online virus scan and removal without having to install any software. Try these links:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/ Click the orange 'Scan Now' button on the left side.
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm Click the big blue 'Scan your PC now' button.
    :D Good Luck!!

:major hd2k :major

4. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

I like PC-cillin from Trend Micro to handle the dirt-bags. It's detection rate isn't as high as a Kaspersky, but false positives have been non-existent for me. It is a pay for program, but the first update comes without having to register, and for under $50, one license is good on three machines. They also have a free internet scan on their web site called housecalls.

5. rosebud2411

rosebud2411 Private E-2

Sorry I Have Tried Everything Thrown At Me And It Does Not Work. The Free Scanware Does Scan Your Computer But They Want A Fee To Remove The Stuff!!!!!!!

I Cannot Delete Avg Or Super Spyware!!! I Can Use Avg But Super Anti Spyware Will Not Even Work!!! If I Try To Load Another Virus Protecter It Says I Have To Get Rid Of My Avg!!! I Have Used These Programs In The Past And Never Had A Problem With Them!!!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds