Reinstalled XP Pro & Microsoft will not Validate so I cannot get updates, IE7, WMP 11

Discussion in 'Software' started by starman1021, Mar 20, 2008.

1. starman1021

starman1021 Private E-2

I reinstalled XP Pro and Microsoft will not validate. Therefore, I cannot get updates, IE7, WMP 11, etc. My initial installation in Sept 2007, and reinstall in Jan 2008 had no problems. Can someone help?

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

Re: Reinstalled XP Pro & Microsoft will not Validate so I cannot get updates, IE7, WM

what error message are you getting? are you sure you typed your key in correctly? you can check your key with this (link below)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Magical_Jelly_Bean_Keyfinder_d2612.html <-- Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder 2.0 Beta 4

have you contacted microsoft about your situation? other than verifying your key (and/or changing it if need be), your other option would be to contact ms. g/l, sos

3. starman1021

starman1021 Private E-2

Re: Reinstalled XP Pro & Microsoft will not Validate so I cannot get updates, IE7, WM

The message I got back from Microsoft was: the VLK was issued to an organization that is no longer using it. When I tried to use the Validation advisor to submit info, it would not send. I have enabled cookies in Internet Options. Also, I did get IE7 installed but not WMP 11. Error msg at bottom of page was-0x80080213. Help!

4. starman1021

starman1021 Private E-2

Almost forgot: I checked the key and it matches. Any ideas?

5. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

try to reinstall it again and format the hard drive first though and see what happens then . it may have been a glitch during the installation,make sure you insalled properly..

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Where did you get your version of XP from?

Do you have the COA label on the PC or CD case with licence key on it?

As if its VLK then your company is likely to have issued this to you and a natural course at times is all keys are changed to curb illegal useage from employees that are not working for that company anymore ( not saying thats your issue, just mentioning this in case you have left said company ).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds