Transfering files via lan

Discussion in 'Software' started by Niclas2200, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Niclas2200

Niclas2200 Private E-2

Look, I know I'm noobish to this, so no need to point it out.

Well, the problem is I have a lot of files (14 GB) i want to transfer from my laptop to my desktop computer, and my external harddisk is broken. They are both connected to the same router, the laptop is connected wireless, and the other one by wire. I have no access to the router options, since I live in a foster family, and my "foster dad" has control of these sort of things.

Now, is there a way for me to share the files on the network, allowing my desktop computer to download them via lan?

2. Niclas2200

Niclas2200 Private E-2

BTW, both computers run with Windows XP.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome to Majorgeeks

We do have some small rules and one is un-necassary language and your original user name is not one we will allow, so let me know what you woudl like it changed to as the one you have no I changed as a placeholder.

Cheers
    Admin

4. Niclas2200

Niclas2200 Private E-2

Well, I can't write u a private messege telling you what I would like as my new username ("private messages are limited to regular members with over 50 posts."), so you just want me to write it here?
    Well ok then, I would like my new username to be Niclas2200 please?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds