Problem with another laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dibo, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Dibo

Dibo Private E-2

I seem to have all sorts of trouble.

This time it's my laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite A305.
    Earlier today or rather last night, apparently a bit of fluff or fuzz got caught in the fan and it stopped dead. Of course I didn't notice this and my laptop started moving very slow and then just shut itself off.

I opened the laptop up, found the bit of fuzz and removed it, as well as cleaned out the fan with canned air. When I put it all back together, it seemed to have been normal, until a couple minutes after I logged into Windows and the whole thing froze.

I restarted the laptop, logged in again, waited, and it froze again after a few minutes. Then I looked up a few things here and there, some things mentioning booting into safe mode, so I did that. Booted into safe mode and the laptop didn't freeze at all.

I'm not sure what the problem is, might be a driver issue. At this moment I'm using the recovery disk so the hard drive will be in it's out-of-the-box state.
    I'll post later if there is any more freezing.

2. Consider running Chkdsk /f in Command Prompt
    As there may be some bad data on the HDD after the dead stop shutdown.

3. Dibo

Dibo Private E-2

Thanks for the replies. I decided to just go ahead and use the recovery disks and apparently that worked. No more freezing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds