SM Bus Controller Driver Not Found

Discussion in 'Software' started by sk8token, Jul 3, 2012.

1. sk8token

sk8token Private E-2

Hi,

I just picked up a used HP Pavilion G7-1117cl Notebook PC. I did a clean install of Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate Edition. All looked good except I'm getting a message that the SM Bus Controller driver is not found. All available critical windows updates have been applied. Also went to HP.com and downloaded all current drivers they had available. Lastly, I went to the AMD website and downloaded the utility that chooses the correct drivers for your system, which downloaded the Catalyst program, installed drivers which it said was successful, but I reboot and still have the yellow exclamation point when I look at the device manager. I have been researching for days and can't figure out why I can't resolve this. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tim

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

Follow this :wave
    Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here

3. sk8token

sk8token Private E-2

Hopefully this is what you meant, thanks for your help!

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

We need the Vendor and Device ID's as shown.

[​IMG]

5. sk8token

sk8token Private E-2

Thank you both for the replies, below is what I found:

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_3568103C&REV_13
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_3568103C
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C0500
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C05

6. falconattack

You could try this one

http://www.driveridentifier.com/sca...74509&scanid=5A3515FD1E4E4D9DB15905601D663BD7

you must download the file - save it to C:\Users\Ggim\Downloads - run e.x.e file - when the process is finished reboot your machine :wave

7. sk8token

sk8token Private E-2

8. falconattack

I am glad it sorted out :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds