Removeable Disk (F:) (G) (H) (I) ?????

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I went over to the ex's yesterday. Her machine was running terribly slow on XP Home. Found the problem that one stick of memory (512megs) was not seated properly. Fixed that, but then I noticed in "My Computer" that it has listed 4 "removeable Disks" ("F"-->"I") in spite of the fact that nothing was installed on her PC, to cause this.

Never come across this before, how do I delete these entries. :confused

Bazza

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi,

is there a card reader ?

i have an internal card reader that shows as 4 removable drives

3. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

Another thing that can add removable drive letters is a usb stick. The San Disk Cruzer with the U3 Application on it is notorious for screwing things up. There is a removal tool on their site to get the application off the flash drive if she has one. For the extra drives you might have to look in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer management > Disk Management to see if you can identify which ones are for what and maybe disable the ones not needed.

Heres a link with some info if it is a san disk problem:
    http://blog.kgrothoff.net/2006/08/24/removing-u3-and-associated-bundled-software-from-the-sandisk-cruzer-micro-usb-flash-drive/

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks, Appzalien and hawklord. :major As far as I could see there is nothing attached to USB's. Maybe a webcam, though. I will check a bit more thoroughly next visit to my ex. Bazza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds