Burning software is out of date need new software that will work with window 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by realdream1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. realdream1

realdream1 Private E-2

I am using DVD SHRINK 3.2, NERO 6.0, ANYDVD 6.5, to compress and burn dvb's on my old computer using windows XP. Here is my problem below

I went out brought a new computer using WINDOWS 7 now these programs are no longer working with the new operating system.

I would like a simple number of programs that will be able to burn in both regular and HD formats? I will be buying and updating ANYDVD towards the end of the year.

Is there anyplace that I can go to and get a compatible working link to download DVD SHRINK 3.2 all the sites have been shut down and no longer will allow you to download this program.

Any suggestions on current compression and burning software that will use the WINDOWS 7 operatng system????

What is compatible with this system to use for burning dvd'S and later on cd's?

Thank You

2. Tux_Rules

Tux_Rules Corporal

I would suggest DVDFab HD Decrypter, found here:

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm (version 6.2.0.5 (November 11, 2009))

or from Major Geeks, though it is not the newest version:

http://majorgeeks.com/DVDFab_HD_Decrypter_d5168.html (version 6.1.2.5 October 27, 2009))

It's free, and will do the same as DVD Shrink (as in shrinking it from 8.4gig to 4.7gig).

AnyDVD would not be needed at all.

DVDShrink has been out of update/production for quite a long time, so 3.2 is the last official version you will find.

DVDFab is Windows 7 compatible.

3. realdream1

realdream1 Private E-2

Tux thank you for your help. I will give it a try very soon.

Even though you said that I would not need Anydvd I already own this program what can I use with it so that it dosent get to outdated just to have as a back up?

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

5. realdream1

realdream1 Private E-2

Thanks for your help ran into a snak at DOOM(.com when I tried to download the DVDSHRINK3.2 the site blocked me from doing it. I don't understand why?

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

7. realdream1

realdream1 Private E-2

Clonedvd

Has anyone ever used or heard good or negative results from this burning software?

it is found at www.slysoft.com

8. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Re: Clonedvd

Very nice - easy interface. You can create a 4gb DVD from a dual layer with a few clicks. Shows a quality guage on the bottom. You can remove extras - languages, subtitles & such. Need Any DVD with this app for ripping 'protected' DVDs for your own personal back ups, right?

I know there are freebies, like handbrake I believe it is called - never used it, but it just had a major update.

9. Tux_Rules

Tux_Rules Corporal

Re: Clonedvd

Before I found the DVDFab, I would use AnyDVD with DVDShrink. I no longer need the AnyDVD as DVDFab takes care of protection and is free. I still use DVDShrink to burn, though it is not needed as DVDFab can shrink the DVD output files for you.

I have also used CloneCD with good sucess.

Game Jackal is a very nive piece of software if you have a lot of game's but don't like to carry you game CD's with you or swap them out all the time. It's been a while since I've used it, but I can only imagine it has gotten better.

10. Captain Drift

Captain Drift Corporal

Nero 9 Reloaded, if you have a legit copy of Nero 6 you get discount from the online store and they throw in online back up at the moment for around £29

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds