Roaming user

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by combats, Jan 23, 2006.

1. combats

combats Private E-2

Hope someone can give me some pointers. I have a user with a laptop running Win XP Pro who travels between offices and needs to be able to log onto both servers (Windows 2003 server), use printers in both locations and be able to retrieve his email. Setting him up as a user in both locations isnt a problem. The problem arises when it comes to his email. We use Pop3 and his email is distributed to the server in the main office. What would I need to do to be able to retrieve his email from a different server?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Only way to retrieve the email is to set up a central Exchange server to allow all users to retrieve from any location. Otherwise he will have to have a VPN connection to get the email from the other server.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds