OE6 sending email issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by kbilliu, Nov 30, 2007.

1. kbilliu

kbilliu Private E-2

I'm using OE setup as a pop3 account for work that has been working fine for over a year with the same configuration. Suddenly, within the last month, when I send an email, approximately 95% of the time, I get a message saying some errors have occurred but when I click on the error box, it is blank. The message I've sent is stuck in the "outbox" and I have to manually move it out of the outbox or it will continue to send over and over again, giving me the same "error" each time, even tho it has in fact sent. I googled the problem and found others with the same issue and followed the only two suggestions I found. I've increased the timeout on sending and I've deleted the outbox.dbx file in case it had become corrupted. Neither of these made a difference.
    I have XP w/SP2 and not sure if it matters, but am using a crappy satellite connection as I'm out in the boonies.
    My personal computer, with basically the same configuration, does not have this issue. I'd really appreciate any help.
    thanks.
    k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds