security program blocking safe program

Discussion in 'Software' started by red death68, Jan 21, 2009.

1. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

:confused:confusedi have a well trusted program and almost every security system trys calling it a pcx worm (what the heck is a pcx worm avg refuses to tell me)i think thats what they call it

i have tryed using task managment programs to end it and every task manager i find will either refuse to open or tells me that there are no findable processes

is there anyway to end this problem? (ps - the computer that is giving me the most trouble is on like the highest degree of limited iv ever seen you cant even put up a background):confused:confused

2. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

3. red death68

i still cant get it to stop blocking the program from opening even though i know its completely safe iv been able to use it on other computers without problems any suggestion?

4. wk990

wk990 Private E-2

maybe this helps -- go to allow list and put the program you want to run and it should work

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Is this the same pc where you've forgotten the password for the account with higher privileges?

6. red death68

yes actualy lol but it also does this with a few other computers that my friends have full privliges on

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds